Vertical video has taken the digital marketing world by storm, with platforms like TikTok leading the charge.
Brands looking to succeed in this new landscape must adapt and develop a comprehensive strategy before diving into the world of vertical video.
In this blog post, we’ll outline the essential components of a winning vertical video marketing strategy, and how to create a monthly cycle that keeps your brand agile and effective. Let’s dive in!
1. Building a Solid Marketing Strategy
The first step in crafting a vertical video marketing strategy is to establish your primary and secondary goals.
Are you looking to increase brand awareness, generate leads, or drive sales?
Once your goals are clear, perform a SWOT analysis to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats specific to vertical video marketing for your brand.
Next, define your target audience for each channel, ensuring that you’re tailoring your content to the specific demographics and interests of the platform’s user base.
Establish benchmarks by examining the performance of other brands in your industry, and set key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure your success against these benchmarks.
2. Developing a Content Strategy
Content is king, and vertical video platforms are no exception.
Start by identifying key content pillars for your brand—these are the core themes and topics that will guide your content creation efforts.
Once you’ve established your content pillars, determine the distribution of content per pillar and select the key creators or influencers who will be featured on your profile.
3. Implementing a Monthly Cycle
To stay effective and agile in the fast-paced world of vertical video, it’s essential to establish a monthly cycle for content creation and performance tracking.
Here’s a breakdown of the steps involved in a successful monthly cycle:
- Scripting (1x per month): Develop scripts for your vertical videos, ensuring that they align with your content pillars and target audience.
- Filming (1x per month): Dedicate a day to film all your scripted content, making use of your chosen creators or influencers.
- Editing (1x per week): Allocate time each week to edit your filmed content, producing polished videos that will captivate your audience.
- Post Frequency (3 to 4 posts per week): Consistently post content throughout the week, maintaining a steady presence on your chosen platforms.
- Community and Comment Management (daily): Engage with your audience by responding to comments and messages, fostering a sense of community around your brand.
- KPI Reporting (1x monthly): Regularly review your performance against your established KPIs, making data-driven decisions to optimize your strategy.
Vertical video marketing presents a wealth of opportunities for brands to connect with their audience in a unique and engaging way.
By building a strong marketing strategy, developing a content plan, and implementing a monthly cycle, you’ll be well on your way to success in the ever-evolving landscape of TikTok and other vertical video platforms.
So, roll up your sleeves and start crafting your winning strategy today!